Clemson Lions Club History

The Clemson Lions Club was chartered December 27, 1950 after a November meeting in Tillman Hall at Clemson University. The Charter Night meeting, held in the Saber Room of the Clemson House, was attended by 47 members and many others from District 32-A, filling the room to capacity. The first President was Lion Victor Hurst. Since the time of the Charter Night, meetings have been held at the Clemson House where meals initially cost $2.50 each. One of the first projects of the club was a purchase of a Telinocular machine for $300 that was used for screening the eyes of school children.


Home | News | Activities | Officers | History